Enjoying all this extra time at home? Here are a few of my favorite tips to spruce up your decor & memoirs to inspire you while you enjoy freshly designed space!
Many of us are watching our pennies these days, so it’s the perfect time to re-think our decorating strategy. You don’t have to purchase something to have a real impact.
- Look at what you already have by shopping your basement, attic or other rooms.
- Rearrange furniture or wall art for a new look. Remove items to open up a space.
- Get new plants or flowers from your garden and vase them up for a seasonal arrangement.
- Push drapery panels to the sides to let in the sunlight. Wash the windows while you’re at it!
- Don’t forget to actually light a fire and enjoy some of those candles around your house.
The lives of others help open my perspective and understanding of the world. Here are a couple of memoirs that do just that. Check them out on Goodreads to learn more:
- Educated by Tara Westover: Tara’s journey from rural Idaho to higher education and her countless challenges along the way. Raised by an unconventional, survivalist family with parents who don’t believe in public education, Tara gives new meaning to learning.
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah: A compelling and comical coming-of-age story during Apartheid in South Africa. You think you had a rough childhood? The audio version was especially enjoyable – it’s read by Trevor.
- Living with a Seal: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet by Jesse Itzler: Entrepreneur Jesse Itzler decides to push his limits in this laugh-out-loud and surprisingly inspiring story. Take aways: it’s important to do hard things and break your routine. There’s more in your tank than you think!